Friday, April 29, 2011

Chocolate chip meets Oreo

Have we discussed the fact that I have a serious obsession with chocolate chip cookies? I love them. All kinds of them. Subway, Target, McDonalds, Quiznos, Otis Spunkmeyer, and for all you Utah peeps- Dough Girls (but not dough girls anymore- can't remember the name!) are some of my favorite.

From scratch at home... my favorite kind of chocolate chip cookie. Delicious.
Favorite store bought cookie.  Also delicious.

Put them together and what do you get? Triple the deliciousness.

Is your mouth watering yet?  Think it looks strange? One phrase for you... don't mock it 'til you try it.  I was a little hesitant when I got the email with the link from my partner in crime.  But I promise you, you will not be disappointed! You can find the original recipe here


It was so good, I frantically searched around my kitchen trying to figure out what else I could stuff inside a chocolate chip cookie! Then it clicked... I knew I could go wrong with Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.  So I threw some shoes on the kids and we walked ran to the neighborhood market where I purchased a King Size Reeses.  And please let me tell you.  It did not disappoint.  At all.

One last piece of advice for ya.  I tried it with the snack size Reese's and despite the fact that the Reese's had been cross-contaminated with some type of gum or fruit candy, they were not nearly as good as the whole regular size Reese's Peanut Butter Cup.  So don't cut corners, just suck it up and get a whole bag of regular Reese's.  Again... you won't be disappointed- I promise! ;)

No comments: