Saturday, April 10, 2010

Spring Wreath

Wow! Ever since I saw this wreath from Dana at Made and this one from All Things Thrifty, I've been obsessed with wanting a wreath.  Well I so excited when we moved to our place and the dirt mound yard was covered with acorns, I had my little Halster help me gather them and set off gluing my gathered acorns for hours.  

Either my hot glue gun sucks, or I suck at hot gluing because there were pesky strings EVERYWHERE! I thought spray painting it pink might help hide the strings, nope I was wrong.  It looked like pepto-bismol.  It was awful!

Seriously.  I'm not exaggerating.
  
So I gave up and threw it in the trash where it belonged.

Now I'm glad I did, because here's what I came up with.  I'm not overly excited about the fabric choice for the flower trio, but I wanted to use what I had- so it works. And it still brings a smile to my face. :) And best part, it was completed during naps with plenty of time to spare... yea for having time to eat! Enjoy.

4 comments:

Alisa said...

So cute! You are one extremely creative character!

Christy said...

Thanks for swinging by my blog! I came to check things out, and you have the most precious projects! I love the little flowers on this adorable wreath. Following you back. :O)

Megan H said...

Love this! Can you explain how you made your little flowers, and how you attached those and the letter to your wreath?

Megan H said...

Please? :)